Town Hall

The first Lekeitio town hall building was built in 1525. It was annexed to the wall and occupied the same place as it does today.
In 1595 it disappeared due to a voracious fire which devastated the town that year. Work on the new town hall began in 1596, which was replaced by the present one in 1721.
It is built from ashlar limestone and its noble façade has an arcade made up of four semi- circular arches, wide long galleries and beautiful carved shields, all of which are very common elements in baroque Basque town halls.